Many of our clients need to work on their balance and we use either blast straps or TRX straps to provide extra support. Here is how we use the straps to do forward lunges.
1) Grab the handles of the straps
2) Stand far enough back that the arms can be fully extended
3) Both feet should be pointed forward shoulder width apart
4) When stepping forward keep both feet pointed forward and torso erect
5) Drop the back knee 1-2 inches above the floor
6) Do not lean forward or let the lead leg knee lean past the toes of the lead foot
7) Use the straps and needed to assist with lowering and standing
About the Author
Ryan Lockard, CSCS, CSPS is the founder and head trainer of Specialty Athletic Training and is accredited by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and a Certified Special Populations Specialist. He is a member of the board of directors for the Autism Society of America and the Central Oregon Disability Support Network.