Many of our clients need to work on their balance and we use either blast straps or TRX straps to provide extra support. Here is how we use the straps to do forward lunges.
1) Grab the handles of the straps
2) Stand far enough back that the arms can be fully extended
3) Both feet should be pointed forward shoulder width apart
4) When stepping forward keep both feet pointed forward and torso erect
5) Drop the back knee 1-2 inches above the floor
6) Do not lean forward or let the lead leg knee lean past the toes of the lead foot
7) Use the straps and needed to assist with lowering and standing
About the Author
Ryan Lockard, CSCS, CSPS is the head trainer and founder of Specialty Athletic Training. He a member of the Autism Society of Oregon's Board of Directors and is accredited by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and a Certified Special Populations Specialist. Ryan has worked with individuals with special needs since 2007 and has over 10,000 hours of 1:1 instruction working with individuals that have various special needs.